Whale Watching Byron Bay – An Eco Adventure
Come and join us and experience one of the worlds most incredible animal migrations. Whale Watching Byron Bay will take you right up to the humpback whales with the amazing Byron Bay landscape as a backdrop.
Humpback whales, dolphins, turtles and a variety of amazing sea birds await you on a tour with Whale Watching Byron Bay, Byron Bay’s original and most unique whale watching experience.
Visit our facebook page to see the latest action.
Ten Reasons to Join Our Tour
1. We are Byron Bay’s most experienced whale watching operator, with over 10,000 happy customers.
2. Whale sightings guaranteed or come back until you do see humpback whales.
3. The only whale watching tour departing directly from Cape Byron (less travel time).
4. Purpose built whale watching RIB vessels offering 360º viewing and maximum stability so you won’t miss a moment of the action.
5. Trained Eco Guides will enhance your whale watching experience with informative commentary during your tour.
6. Vessels are equipped with hydrophones so you can hear live humpback whale song.
7. Small personalised tours with 12 passengers maximum.
8. Your fare price includes a contribution to whale research and most tours include a researcher from Southern Cross University’s Marine Ecology Research Centre. We have also donated hundreds of photos to SCU’s Fluke Matcher project.
9. Every whale watching tour has an experienced photographer on board. Every photo you see on this website was taken by us on one of our tours.
10. We run multiple whale watching tours each day to suit your schedule.
Whale Watching Byron Bay offers a return trip in the unlikely event that we don’t encounter whales on your tour.
Conditions apply so please refer to Whale Guarantee Conditions
Tours Direct from Byron Bay
Whale Watching Byron Bay has been operating since 2002 making us Byron Bay’s most experienced whale watching tour operator. Over the years we have developed a tour that will provide you with a safe, informative and rewarding experience.
We conduct small personalised interpretive tours with a maximum of only 12 whale watchers per vessel. Tours are conducted on purpose built RIB vessels designed for unobstructed viewing of the whales. Each vessel is annually inspected by the NSW Maritime Authority to ensure it complies with all current safety regulations.
The unique geography of Byron Bay’s Cape Byron allows us to pin point each whale’s location, therefore Whale Watching Byron Bay’s tours often encounter whales within minutes of departing Byron Bay.
In an effort to contribute to Humpback whale conservation, Whale Watching Byron Bay contribute a portion of every fare to Southern Cross University’s Whale Research Centre. In addition we are an active participant in Southern Cross University’s Fluke Matcher whale identification program.